Once upon a time there was a Château that served as a thirteenth century fortress, a fifteenth century castle, an eighteenth century palatial château and, after decades of neglect, an abandoned ruin upon a forgotten hilltop. Now with the tender care of the Waters family from Australia, Château de Gudanes is being lovingly restored into a place for people to come and find rest, inspiration and restoration for themselves.
Château de Gudanes regularly hosts workshops of their own, and for this special week we're adding our Ponderosa schedule, combining forces to bring you two workshops in one! A Ponderosa Château workshop experience that is unique from any other workshop we are offering this year. We will be joined by the brilliant Jacob Brooks of Brumley and Wells who will be photographing the event and your creations.
Together we will spend unbelievably beautiful days at the Château creating life long friendships and incredible floral art. We will explore the local culture & cuisine, sleep in beautiful rooms, nourishing us body and soul while we learn the art of floral design amongst the restored (and still being restored- don't mind a little dust!) walls of our incredible home for the week.
In this beautiful place we will dig deep into the heart of creativity, encouraging each other in the process of finding our place and our voice in the world as artists. Exhilarating, life giving, life changing. These workshops are the driving force behind the Ponderosa Team and our Partners. We love to see lives (and businesses) transformed by the power of encouragement and community, and that’s why we do what we do!
This workshop is designed for new and experienced florists as well as photographers, stylists, creatives and dreamers that want to grow and expand their skill set for more flexibility and creativity in their work.
This workshop at the Château will challenge and inspire you, and if you come with an open heart you will be changed. Not by magic, but by being around the incredible community of like minded souls that bravely choose the venerable path of learning, friendship and adventure.
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY
Floral shears, flowers and foliage, silk ribbon and all other materials needed for the course
Floral demonstration and one-on-one instruction with Katie Davis
Access to candid photos from the Ponderosa Team taken during the day for portfolio usage and memories
Floral community + and new flower friends
Morning coffee, tea and snacks
Snacks and refreshments throughout the day
9:30 AM | GUESTS ARRIVE - Coffee, tea and conversation
WELCOME - First Day of Spring Meditation + Bridal Bouquet Demonstration led by Katie Davis
LEARN & CREATE - Katie leads the class in designing their own Bridal Bouquet
LUNCH - Grab a bite to eat on your own, or make plans as a group (There are lots of options within a quick walking distance!)
CREATE & SHOOT - Finish up your Bridal Bouquet with Katie's guidance, then learn to take photos your work
HAPPY HOUR + GROUP REFLECTION: We will exchange phone numbers and email address, chat as a group about the day’s experience and hold space for future dreams with each other!
6:00 PM FEASTING: Celebrate with your new flower friends, today was a glorious day!
8:00 PM | GOODBYES & SEND OFF WITH LOVE!
This Master Class will be held at the Ponderosa Classroom in Salem, Oregon.
Guests will be responsible for all travel arrangement to get to the Master Class (including airfare and car rental/train fare/etc.).
Please feel free to email with any questions or if you need help making arrangements.
Portland International Airport (PDX) - 1.5 hours by car
While accommodations for the week are not included, guests will be invited to book a room in The Grand Hotel for a special group rate.
The hotel is located just two blocks from the Ponderosa Classroom.
• Let's meet in Toulouse at the Capitole Square at 10am
• Walk to the monthly antique market and visit the Jardin de Plantes
• Lunch at a local bistro in Toulouse
• Drive to the Château together
• Magic carpet cocktails on arrival
• Chateau BBQ on the terrace
• Breakfast at leisure
• Group discussion | The art of intuitive business owning
• Château de Gudanes Historical Tour & talk
• Foraging for bouquets on grounds
• Floral demonstration & Hands-on Session | Wild and romantic editorial bouquet
• Dinner at Daniel's place - a local french cuisine bistro
• Breakfast at leisure
• Hands Session | Finishing the editorial bouquets
• Foraging Hike at Plateau de Beille
• Picnic Lunch
• Group Discussion | Creating beauty in the hard places
• Return to the Château for a relaxing afternoon
• Floral Demonstration and hands on floral session | European Hand-Tied Bridal bouquet
• Sunset Bridal Editorial photo shoot with Jacob of Brumley and Wells
• Candlelit Château dinner
• Morning yoga session in the Château atrium
• Breakfast and Group Discussion | The Artist's Heart
• Floral demonstration & Hands-on Session | Dutch Masters Still Life Arrangement
• Lunch at LaCube a local farm to table restaurant in town
• Dutch Masters still life editorial shoot with Jacob of Brumley and Wells
• Wine tasting and aperitifs
• Candlelight Farewell dinner in the Salon de Musique
• After dinner | Group reflection
• Goodbyes at 11am
• Travel back to Toulouse to arrive at 1pm
*Schedule subject to change slightly
This workshop is closed for registration.
Please head back to Workshops for a list of our current workshops.