WELCOME TO JONIMA FLOWERS!
It’s time to get close to our ROOTS! We are SO thrilled that Jonima Flowers will be hosting our first Australian farm to table 3-day class giving our participants an opportunity to see and experience the foundation of what we do, flower farming!
We will get to spend time with the family and farmers that make it all happen, gather armloads of flowers to create gorgeous arrangements with and eat food grown within a few miles of where we’ll be. These two days will be magical, transformational and inspiring. On day one we will create beautiful floral compotes, followed by European hand-tied bouquet tutorial and hands-on session on day two. On our third day, we will focus on community and self-care as we spend the day together in Bowral.
Jonima Flowers is a 25-acre flower farm located in the beautiful southern highlands of Bowral about 20 mins from the centre of town.
The family owned farm produces an amazing diversity of flowers, using a mix glasshouse setup, outdoor farming, landscape gardening and natural Australian bush.
We just can't wait for you to experience the all the floral magic at Jonima Flowers!
Attendees are responsible for all travel arrangements to get to the workshop (including airfare and car rental/train fare/etc.)
Most convenient airports:
• Sydney (SYD) - 75 min
• Local Airports: Illawarra Regional Airport - 50 min
Nearest train station:
We have arranged for luxurious accommodations where you will get to stay with Katie & the Ponderosa Team in the beautiful Coach House at The Rift Bowral. You will have a private bed in shared rooms, for three nights, November 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2018.
We highly recommend purchasing comprehensive travel insurance in case of natural disasters, flight issues, or cancellation.
Flower Farm Tour
Floral demonstration: Compote arrangment
Hands-on floral session
Dinner in the flower fields
Early morning flower picking
Hands-on Floral session: European hand-tied bouquets
Hands-on Session: European hand-tied bouquets
Lesson on posing flowers
Photo shoot featuring your flowers
Farm dinner and wine
After dinner: group reflection by the fire
Early morning floral meditation
Bowral Adventuring (TBD)
Farewell dinner and wine
After dinner: group reflection
Breakfast & Good Byes
* Schedule subject to change slightly
** Optional Accommodation check-in will be at 8:30 AM on November 3rd, 2018.
• All materials to use for the workshop, including: flowers, silk ribbon and clippers
• Apron & welcome gift
• Meals & Refreshments (1 Brunch, 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners, Snacks and beverages throughout)
• 3 Nights of Accommodations at the Coach House at The Rift Bowral estate.
• 2 Days of hands-on floral design instruction focused on creating a floral compote and a European hand-tied bridal bouquet
• 1 Day of local activities in Bowral
• Group discussions
• Access to the beautiful grounds of Jonima Flowers during the course.
• One beautifully styled photo shoot with a model and gown featuring your flowers!
• Ability to use images from shoot for portfolio, website, and social media.
Once you’ve signed up for the workshop we’ll add you to our private Facebook group and there you can team up with someone to share rooms/and arrange transfers to the workshop.
LOCATION: Jonima Flowers & Bowral in New South Wales, Australia
DATES: November 3-6 2018
COST: $3200 USD
PAYMENT DETAILS & FINE PRINT
By registering the attendee agrees to the workshop terms:
• Your seat is reserved for (1) attendee only, please do not bring friends/spouse/children to the workshop.
• ALL final payments are due by October 3, 2018.
• Invoices will be issued within 10 business days for those opting to pay via the Payment Plan option.
• ALL payments are non-refundable, and subject to our cancellation policy.
• Airfare and all transportation are NOT included.
If you sign up please be sure you are able to come. The workshop is non-refundable unless you can find someone to take your place. We strongly advise you to purchase travel insurance in the unlikely event of natural disasters, or other unforeseen events. In the unlikely case that Ponderosa & Thyme must cancel the workshop, all deposits and registration fees will be refunded within 90 days.